Doc 9284 contains detailed requirements to ensure the safety of the aircraft, crew, and passengers from the risks associated with the transport of dangerous goods by air.
What amendments are included in 2021-22 Edition?
- New entries for dangerous goods list
- Revised classification criteria for infectious substances, radioactive material and corrosive substances
- Revised special provisions assigned to lithium batteries and environmentally hazardous substances
- Revised packing requirements and packing instructions
- Clarification of safety management responsibilities for the operator
- Revised provisions for dangerous goods carried by passengers and crew
- Revised dangerous goods training provisions to support a competency-based approach to training and assessment. Supporting document Guidance on a Competency-based Approach to Dangerous Goods Training and Assessment (Doc 10147): will be available soon on the ICAO Store.